WCF Knowledge Series- Part-1
What is WCF?
- WCF is way to approach SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Used to build distributed application
- Used to build interoperable application
- WCF is unified programming model all (Web Servce, Remoting, Enterprise Serices)
- It provides fully configurable of protocol choices, messaging formats
- Common deployment scenario
WCF Key Concepts
WCF is a servic that exposes points and via these points client can access the services. Points are called Endpoints. Endpoint is form of Address, Binding and Contract. So WCF Service is communicating via the Endpoints.
– Endpoint address is denoting URI of the WCF Service that mean where service is located
– Endpoint Binding denoting communication protocol (TCT, HTTPetc).
– Endpoint Contract is specifying what Endpint going to communication with Clients.